Watercress has the ability to help you lose weight because it contains fiber and minerals that give the body an ideal environment to begin the process to lose weight, in addition, this food contains a lot of water, with which you can also avoid retention of liquids.
When the goal is to lose weight the first thing that is required is to modify the diet and perform exercises, then you can add supplements that will help achieve the goal, these can be certain foods, infusions, etc. They have properties that help the body to burn fat, to quench the body and eliminate toxins among other factors that drive weight loss gradually and naturally.
In this way, you can lose weight in a healthy way with this water of watercress, without opting for products that are sold in the market, which promise to perform miracles but are not beneficial to health.
There are different plants, foods and products of nature that have properties that are ideal for making infusions to lose weight, among them are the watercress with which you can create an excellent complement to eliminate those other kilos.
Watercress to lose weight
Watercress is a vegetable rich in vitamins, fiber, and minerals and with a lot of slimming properties. The combination of the fiber and the water contained in the vegetable produces a satiating effect. It is necessary to emphasize that the watercress also possesses diuretic properties which allow combating the retention of liquids, a common problem in the overweight people.
You may also like to read: ASPARAGUS: LOW IN CALORIES BUT WITH CAUTION TO ENJOY
It also has very low calories, which is why you can consume every day and the amount you want without fear of gaining weight. It can be consumed in soups, salads, juice or tortillas etc. Adding watercress to the daily diet is a great idea, as this will achieve the goal much faster than previously thought.
The composition of 100 gm of watercress is:
- Calories: 20
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrate: 3 gm
- Fats: 0,3 gm
- Water: 93 gm
- Proteins: 2.2 gm
- Sodium: 52 mg.
- Vitamin A: 4900 IU.
- Potassium: 282 mg.
- Vitamin C: 79 mg.
How to Make Watercress to Lose Weight
Carrying water from watercress is very simple, but it must be done one day before drinking, as you need to soak the watercress in water for several hours.
- 1 liter of water.
- 30 gm of fresh watercress plant.
- Put the watercress in a bowl of water and soak the vegetables overnight or at least 10 or 12 hours.
- Once this step is ready the water of watercress is ready to start drinking and enjoying its benefits.
- It is recommended to drink between 4 and 5 tablespoons per day.
- It is also important to wash and disinfect the watercress before making the water, as this eliminates the waste and bacteria they contained.
Watercress is ideal for slimming, it helps to purify the body, combats fluid retention, speeds up metabolism and burns fat, but it takes a balanced diet and an exercise routine, in this way will eliminate accumulated fat in the body.
Other benefits of consuming watercress
This vegetable also has other properties that benefit health, some of them are: Watercress has antioxidant properties: Consuming this vegetable allows a young, smooth and smooth skin.
The watercress contains beta-carotene:
This helps to maintain an excellent vision so that the watercress besides slimming is an excellent vegetable to take care of the eyes.
Watercress is able to prevent cancer: It has been proven that the person who consumes watercress is less likely to develop cancer.
- The watercress is able to reduce blood pressure: Thanks to this vegetable is rich in potassium is able to control or reduce blood pressure.
- Watercress helps prevent stones from forming in the kidneys.
- Water from watercress can prevent and combat colds and the flu.
- Watercress can also be an ally in beauty treatments because it improves the appearance of hair and skin.