When it comes to perfecting the perfect smile, people are turning towards cosmetic dentistry to help them. Whether you are looking for a cosmetic dentist Cardiff like https://www.cathedraldentalclinic.com/ or one closer to home, you may be wondering what sorts of services they can help you with.
Here is a list of the typical types of work a Cosmetic Dentist will do:
- Veneers – This is adding a porcelain layer to your teeth. This porcelain layer is bonded to your teeth when you have dental veneer work done. The idea behind veneers is to improve the look of your teeth whether it is to mask a broken, chipped or stained tooth it is a very effective method and requires you to have very little work done to your existing natural tooth. Veneers can also be supplied in a removable form. This requires no work or bonding to be done to your natural teeth and they can be worn and removed whenever you wish giving you more control of when and where you wear the veneers.
- Contouring – This can include contouring of either the teeth or gums. This quick, easy and surprisingly painless procedure helps to remove any of the extra gum that may be covering your teeth. This extra gum covering can be due to a number of reasons including genetic predisposition and certain health conditions.
- Stain Removal – This is different to teeth whitening which uses chemicals to whiten the enamel on your teeth. Stain removal can enhance the colour of your teeth. It takes around 20-30 minutes for your dentist to complete and is carried out by spraying a mixture of water air and carbonated particles onto the surface of the teeth.
- Smile enhancement – A more commonly used term for this is ‘Hollywood Smile’ and it is essentially the use of two or more methods of cosmetic dentistry to enhance your smile. The combination of treatments is unique to each person as no one size fits all treatment would work for everyone. The treatments may include any of the ones mentioned here and may also include: Crowns; Orthodontic treatment; Implants; Botox and Dermal and Lip Fillers.
- Teeth Whitening – As mentioned above teeth whitening is different to stain removal. This method sees the uses a small amount of medical grade bleach in a mouth guard that will cover your teeth, and this is either worn for a set period of time at home or can be completed in the clinic with the use of light activation. Customers are usually then given spare teeth guards with a small amount of the whitening gel inserted for your to help maintain the results from home.